John Piper @ Southern Next Week

Tuesday, March 27th and Thursday, March 29th John Piper will be back at Southern Seminary Chapel. I was at Boyce when he came in 1999. The whole campus was turned upside down. He even spent the week visiting classrooms and taking questions. Everywhere guys were talking about his "passion." His people handed out free cassettes at the post office. This was where I first hear "Christian Hedonism." A week later I was reading Desiring God - then Edwards.

I fully expect some of you clever bloggers to try to get an interview with him while he is on campus. Maybe Timmy could pull it off?

To get a head start on next week's visit I am linking two of his sermons from the Mullins Lectures in 1999. Enjoy.


Sept. 14, 1999:
"Why Does Preaching Have Such a Prominent Place in Worship"


Sept. 16, 1999: "A Zeal That Accords with Knowledge"

5 comments:

Timmy Brister said...

Hey Tony,

Maybe if we can let him know that we're behind the "John Piper is Bad" video then maybe we can get a foot in the door. If not, I will have my camera and paparrazi lens to capture a few photos to add to my collection.

Andrew Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony Kummer said...

Timmy,
You know you have more readers at P&P than the Courier Journal. Work your Band of Bloggers magic with Dr. Mohler. In 1999 he went around all the classrooms.

stephen lee cavness said...

i have heard (from an employee)that the bookstore may be trying to get a book signing in while he is here.
-stephen

Matt Privett said...

I'm told by the front page to leave a comment on the post to get my website on here, so here goes...

www.5solas.com.